The ethereal San Francisco global fusion band released this video for the title track of its new album, BUILD, last week. Tonight (Fri/9) it plays an album release show at the Great American Music Hall.
Known for blending different cultural styles of music and languages, Rupa and the April Fishes spent years creating BUILD, a follow-up to 2009's Este Mundo, traveling the world during the process, and touring via bicycle -- and those global influences are felt throughout the record, along with a sociopolitical edge. Earlier this year she told us, "In the wake of where we find ourselves right now, economically, sociopolitically, we can't wait for someone to hand us the reality we want. We have to build it, we have to create it."
Most Commented On
- BART is the only local transit system that works and it is no - May 21, 2013
- No, Tim, the real issue here is about winners and losers. - May 21, 2013
- Just pointing out that your statement wasn't logical. - May 21, 2013
- Proving my point - May 21, 2013
- You sound like a television - May 21, 2013
- Greg, I know someone who works at UCSF and they get - May 21, 2013
- No, this 2-day "discomfort" will solve nothing because - May 21, 2013
- If the UCSF profit had been less, it would have been more than - May 21, 2013
- Here's another metaphor. - May 21, 2013
- Ideology always trumps necessity with aomeone like Greg. - May 21, 2013